Software Quality Assurance Professional
We are looking for an enthusiastic junior cloud database engineer, to join our Hosting team which is operating the cloud-based, award-winning software platforms of imc - AG. A person who wants to grow together with us and shows the same “Passion for Learning” as we do.
- Operate our cloud-based web applications and SQL database servers in Microsoft Azure or Amazon Web Services
- Monitor the infrastructure, create backup scenarios, analyse incidents in our environment and provide solutions
- Improve performance of databases and infrastructure management tools through configuration tuning and software optimizations
- Leverage existing industry and internal tools to manage, debug and scale MS SQL/PostgreSQL database infrastructure
- Deploying application, database updates and software patches
- Automate tasks and optimize our monitoring processes
- Troubleshoot complex issues and dive into MS SQL and PostgreSQL internals
- Perform occasional IT administration tasks for our Sibiu site
- Knowledge of operating web applications (web server, servlet engine, databases)
- Good understanding of database fundamentals, knowledge about DB installation (PostgreSQL/MS SQL) and operating systems (Windows and/or Linux)
- You are excited to troubleshoot issues spanning databases and want to dive into the internals of PostgreSQL/MS SQL to resolve complex problems
- Knowledge/experience in setting up monitoring and alarming for production DB environments
- You have knowledge about understand database migrations, troubleshooting and performance tuning
- Detailed focused, excellent analytical skills with a structured approach to problem solving in a fast-paced and precise work environment
- Availability for on-calls at minimum one week/month
- Fluency in English language is mandatory, German is an advantage
Your skills and expertise are our focus, no matter who you are or where you come from. We value diversity, and promote inclusion, and are proud of our diverse teams, so join us and bring your perspective to imc.
Do you want to know more about the job or do you have any further questions? You can get answers of a functional nature from Nicolae Purcar. Furthermore, Claire Raistrick from HR will be happy to help.
Working in one of our international teams at the Saarbrücken, Sibiu, Melbourne or Freiburg location, our products and projects provide you with continuous professional development opportunities. We are particularly proud of the diversity in our teams: The range of experiences and wealth of ideas our colleagues are contributing help to maintain a leading edge with our technology and continuously improve our products.
We largely use an agile approach, working in Scrum teams with great focus on professionalism and quality. We never make do with half a job. We strive for solid and viable solutions. We give you the freedom to work independently while supporting you where we can.
Sim loves Indian food and travelled from India to Australia to work at imc as a software developer.
Only notorious naggers work in quality assurance? No way! In the job-slot interview, QA specialist Ioana explains what icebergs have to do with her daily work.
In this interview, Lia talks about her work as a product manager and what she has in common with orchestra conductors.
Senior / Staff Software Engineer - remote working availableProfessionalsDeutschlandweitSoftware Development
Senior / Staff Software Engineer - remote working availableProfessionalsSaarbrückenSoftware Development
Teamlead / Backend Developer - Digital Learning Software (w/m/d)ProfessionalsSaarbrückenSoftware Development