Cloud Database Engineer
We are looking for an enthusiastic Cloud Database Engineer, to join our Hosting Team which is operating the cloud-based, award-winning software platforms of IMC AG. A person who wants to grow together with us and shows the same “Passion for Learning” as we do.
- Operate our cloud-based web applications and SQL database servers in Microsoft Azure or Amazon Web Services
- Monitor the infrastructure, create backup scenarios, analyse incidents in our environment and provide solutions
- Improve performance of databases and infrastructure management tools through configuration tuning and software optimizations
- Leverage existing industry and internal tools to manage, debug and scale MS SQL/PostgreSQL database infrastructure
- Deploying application, database updates and software patches
- Automate tasks and optimize our monitoring processes
- Troubleshoot complex issues and dive into MS SQL and PostgreSQL internals
- Perform occasional IT administration tasks for our Sibiu site
- Knowledge of operating web applications (web server, servlet engine, databases)
- Good understanding of database fundamentals, knowledge about DB installation (PostgreSQL/MS SQL) and operating systems (Windows and/or Linux)
- You are excited to troubleshoot issues spanning databases and want to dive into the internals of PostgreSQL/MS SQL to resolve complex problems
- Knowledge/experience in setting up monitoring and alarming for production DB environments
- You have knowledge about database migrations, troubleshooting and performance tuning
- Detailed focused, excellent analytical skills with a structured approach to problem-solving in a fast-paced and precise work environment
- Availability for on-calls at minimum one week/month
- Fluency in English language is mandatory, German is an advantage
Working at home or in the imc office? We offer "Full flexibility, but not 100% remote". You can combine the advantages of both worlds depending on your personal preferences.
As long as your schedule and position allow it, you can work flexible hours
With public transport you can reach all our offices easily and conveniently
Not only do we enjoy working together, but we also like to socialise and celebrate together. In addition, joint activities strengthen the team spirit
Your skills and expertise are our focus, no matter who you are or where you come from. We value diversity, and promote inclusion, and are proud of our diverse teams, so join us and bring your perspective to imc.
Do you want to know more about the job or do you have any further questions? You can get answers of a functional nature from Nicolae Purcar. Furthermore, Claire Raistrick from HR will be happy to help.
Your application - Let's start.
We'll have a first phone call to see if we are a match.
In a face-to-face interview we get to know each other.
Your offer - we are happy to have you on board.
Working in one of our international teams at the Saarbrücken, Sibiu, Melbourne or Freiburg location, our products and projects provide you with continuous professional development opportunities. We are particularly proud of the diversity in our teams: The range of experiences and wealth of ideas our colleagues are contributing help to maintain a leading edge with our technology and continuously improve our products.
We largely use an agile approach, working in Scrum teams with great focus on professionalism and quality. We never make do with half a job. We strive for solid and viable solutions. We give you the freedom to work independently while supporting you where we can.
In this job slot, our Technical Consultant Gajan breaks down the stereotype of loner techies and tells us more about the exciting work in the field of Technical Consulting.
Only notorious naggers work in quality assurance? No way! In the job-slot interview, QA specialist Ioana explains what icebergs have to do with her daily work.
Find out what four wins and software architecture have in common in this interview with Eric.
Full Stack Java Developer, Digital School PlatformProfessionalsSibiuSoftware Development
Technical Consultant - Digital Learning (w/m/d)ProfessionalsMünchenSoftware Development
Technical Consultant - Digital Learning (w/m/d)ProfessionalsFreiburgSoftware Development